We utilize best-in-class technology
Providing true business value
traditional routing, switching, Wi-Fi, voice and security solutions. Using our extensive knowledge and experience, Imperatech will provide you with highly trained and skilled engineers to implement and maintain these products.
- Installation of data and telephone points
- Installation of network racks and server rooms
- Server room raised flooring
- UPS systems
- Fire suppression systems
- Fibre optic cabling
- Supply of network switches
- Power over ethernet systems
- KVM Switches for server racks
- UPS Systems for server racks and server rooms
- Network rack clean-ups
- Media convertors for fibre
- Installation of wireless access points
- Installation of wireless point to point links
- Installation of wireless point to multi-point links
- Wireless guest internet systems (Hotspots)
- Corporate wireless audits and security reviews
What is a VPN?
A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were directly connected to the private network, while benefitting from the functionality, security and management policies of the private network. This is done by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, encryption, or a combination of the two.
A VPN connection across the Internet is similar to a wide area network (WAN) link between the sites. From a user perspective, the extended network resources are accessed in the same way as resources available from the private network.
VPNs allow employees to securely access their company’s intranet while traveling outside the office. Similarly, VPNs securely and cost effectively connect geographically disparate offices of an organization creating one cohesive virtual network. VPN technology is also used by ordinary Internet users to connect to proxy servers for the purpose of protecting one’s identity.